Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Arrived in Iowa

I arrived in Des Moines today with exactly 250 days till the Iowa Caucuses. Although known as the "first in the nation" primary, Iowa is actually the second primary behind Washington DC, but Iowa still serves as a much more revered - and probably accurate - barometer of the nation.

For the next 250 days National Wildlife Federation (and, when appropriate, National Wildlife Action) will be working to get global warming as a pivotal presidential campaign issue here in Iowa. We'll also be working extensively in New Hampshire, and around the nation throughout the primary season and right up to the election 545 days from today.

For the next couple days I'll tell you what I'm up to while I'm here and my thoughts of what's going on here in Iowa. I'll leave you with my first political sighting, which came as I exited the airport. The first billboard I saw upon leaving the airport asked me if I was running for president. Yes, the billboard said, "Running for President? 'Before you ask for my support walk a day in my shoes.'" SEIU wants the 18 current Presidential candidates (that's right, 18 candidates!) to consider the American worker. Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home